- For the purpose of the DPA and GDPR we are the data controller and any enquiry regarding the collection or processing of your data should be addressed to Sharon Morris at our address 58 Nithsdale Avenue, Market Harborough Leics,LE16 9PE.
- By using our telephone answering service you consent to this We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office for this purpose.
Information we collect
- We will collect personal data on our service, if it is directly provided to us by your callers the caller, e.g. e-mail address, name, home or work address and telephone number, relevant personal information, and/or medical details, and therefore has been provided by your callers consent. Normally your callers will only provide such details if they [wish to arrange an appointment, booking or a call back or are making a purchase from you).
- Their payment information (e.g. credit card details) provided when they make a booking or payment will only be stored for the period of processing the information. That information is processed securely and privately by the third party payment processors that we use. [WorldPay] We may share your personal data with our payment processors, but only for the purpose of completing the relevant payment transaction. Such payment processors are banned from using your personal data, except to provide these necessary payment services to us, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your personal data and payment information.
Use of your information
- We may hold and process personal data that you provide to us in accordance with the DPA and GDPR.
- The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you, and to meet our contractual commitments to you. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- To notify you about any changes to our services, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service;
- If you are an existing customer, we may contact you with information about goods and services similar to those that were the subject of a previous sale to you;
- Where you have consented to receive such information, to provide information on other parties’ products or services that we feel may be of interest to you;
- Where you have consented to receive our e-newsletters, from time to time to provide that to you.
Disclosure of your information
- We may disclose your information to regulatory bodies to enable us to comply with the law and to assist fraud protection and minimise credit risk.
Controlling the use of your data
- If you have given us consent to use your data for a particular purpose you can revoke or vary that consent at any time. If you do not want us to use your data or want to vary the consent that you have provided you can write to us at the address detailed in clause 2 or email us at Sharon@messagetakers.co.uk at any time.
Where we store your data
- As part of the services offered to you, for example through our Telephone Answering Service, Your data is stored on a secure fileserver and also on a secure cloud back up service, the information you provide to us may therefore be transferred to and stored in countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) this is generally the nature of data stored in “the Cloud”.
- We do not use or disclose sensitive personal data, such as race, religion, or political affiliations, without your explicit consent.
- Otherwise, we will process, disclose or share your personal data only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with legal requirements or legal process served on us.
- You have the right to opt out of our processing your personal data for marketing purposes by contacting us at [Sharon@messagetakers.co.uk].
- The transmission of information via the Internet or email is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of data while you are transmitting it to our site; any such transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- The DPA and GDPR give you the right to access information held about you by us. Please write to us or contact us by email if you wish to request confirmation of what personal information we hold relating to you. You can write to us at the address detailed in clause 2, above, or by email to [Sharon@messagetakers.co.uk]. There is no charge for requesting that we provide you with details of the personal data that we hold. We will provide this information within one month of your requesting the data.
- You have the right to change the permissions that you have given us in relation to how we may use your date. You also have the right to request that we cease using your data or that we delete all personal data records that we hold relating to you. You can exercise these rights at any time by writing to us at the address detailed in clause 2, above, or by email to [Sharon@messagetakers.co.uk].
Changes to this policy
- We may update these policies to reflect changes to the website and customer feedback. Please regularly review these policies to be informed of how we are protecting your personal data.
Version: [May 2018]